We are extending the deadlines for both the Magical Creature (teen) and Virtual Candy House (all ages) contests! Have a winter break coming up? You now have through December 31
to put the final touches on your work in progress--or to decide to submit an entry!
Magical Creatures Contest: Make a magical creature to enter into our new teen art contest! Can your fantastic beast win one of the prizes? Get your inspiration from the Harry Potter universe--or make up your own creature!
Participants: This contest is for teens in Grade 7-12, as well as 2021 high school graduates (age 17-19).
Entries: You can use 2D or 3D art supplies to create your creature. This includes:
• Drawing (pencil, pen, color pencil, pastels, etc.)
• Painting (watercolor, acrylic, oil, etc.)
• Computer graphic illustration
• Sculpture (clay, paper, plastic, etc.)
• Other 3D materials (textiles, cardboard, pipe cleaners, pom-poms, etc.)
You may submit a maximum of two entries. You may submit individual or group entries (all members of the group must be teens).
Prizes: First place: $50 & Two runner-ups: $25 per
How To Enter: Register as a contestant here at https://bit.ly/magicalcreature
December 6-31: Bring your contest entries to the library's front desk. Come prepared to fill out an entry card with the following info:
• Art Title:
• Artist Name(s): (Your first name and initial of your last name.)
• Artist Age(s):
• Materials: (What did you use to make your entry?)
• Short description: (1-4 sentences. What was your inspiration? Is this a Harry Potter or original magical creature? Does it have special powers? Any other info you'd like to include?)
Early January: Voting begins! The community will cast votes to determine the contest winners. Questions? Ask Librarian Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Virtual Candy House Contest: Create and show off a candy house during our second annual virtual holiday contest for all ages!
How To Enter: Make and submit your candy house entries from December 1-31!
Materials: Anything edible! (Doesn't have to be gingerbread.)
Categories & Prizes
• Individual (Under 12) - $25 gift card (TBA)
• Individual (12+) - $25 gift card (TBA)
• Group (2+ participants) - $25 gift card (TBA)
Email your entries to: email@example.com
• Participant name & phone number
• Entry title & category
• Short description
• Max: 5 good-quality photos
• Bonus: any behind-the-scenes you'd like to add!
Early January: online community voting at bellevuelibrary.org!
Visit our Instagram at @bellevuepubliclibrary to see all the 2020 entries and winners!